Author Notes: This is dead simple, and totally delicious. I tend to grill up millions of them, take them off the skewers, pile them on a platter, and stick a few too (…more) - Helen
Food52 Review: We love Sriracha’s heat, which is warm, lasting, and assertive without being overbearing. Helen combined the hot sauce with a few everyday ingredients (…more) - A&M
Serves a bunch of shrimp
- 1/3cup Sriracha
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3cloves garlic, crushed
- 1handful cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- Mix together the Sriracha, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Season aggressively with salt and pepper. Put in a 1-gallon plastic bag, add the shrimp, and mix together in the bag. Marinate in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours. Or longer.
- Heat a grill. Skewer the shrimp (4 to 6 shrimp per skewer) and grill until pink and delicious, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill, slide the shrimp from the skewer using a fork, and pile on a serving platter. Sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro, and throw a few toothpicks in a few shrimp. Watch them disappear.
Saw this and decided it’s a perfect evening for it to happen and as Aussie’s never say; time to “Throw some shrimps on the barbie”